Clean Water, Clean Air, And Green Jobs Environmental Bond Act of 2022
What you will see on the ballot
To address and combat the impact of climate change and damage to the environment, the "Clean Water, Clean Air, and Green Jobs Environmental Bond Act of 2022” authorizes the sale of state bonds up to four billion two hundred million dollars to fund environmental protection, natural restoration, resiliency, and clean energy projects. Shall the Environmental Bond Act of 2022 be approved?
This proposal would allow for state bonds to be sold to fund environmental projects. These projects are intended to mitigate flood damage, protect natural resources, conserve land and natural spaces, and improve water quality and infrastructure.
If this Proposal Passes:
- New York State could allocate $4,200,000,000 from creating state debt and selling state bonds to protect New York's natural resources and reduce the impact of climate change.
- The state Comptroller would be authorized to issue and sell bonds up to $4,200,000,000.
- Money would be allocated for specific purposes:
- At least $1,100,000,000 for restoration and flood risk reduction.
- At least $650,000,000 for open space land conservation and recreation.
- Up to $1,500,000,000 for climate change mitigation.
- At least $650,000,000 for water quality improvement and resilient infrastructure.